Saturday 27 September 2014

Lismore Castle and a Stroll Along the River.

Yesterday we had a litttle jaunt over to Lismore, a small heritage town in Waterford, and had a nice stroll along the river. We parked in the car park/picnic area to feed the ducks and i noticed these nice topiaries.



I like the flower.



Until recently, you could only walk a little way along this side of the bridge as it was overgrown and unsafe underfoot, but thanks to Lismore Tidy Towns, it's been cleared and made accessible to the public.


We've had so little rain this summer, so the water was really low along this part of the river.



These are nice touch  for the kids.


I think i'll get a couple for my garden for when my grandson is older.


There's a good view of Lismore Castle by the bridge, which was once owned by Sir Walter Raleigh and Richard Boyle (see previous post on Youghal), now it's the private home of the Duke of Devonshire.


Over the other side of the bridge...


there were some cows enjoying a drink.


Across the other side of the river is Lady Louisa's Walk, which goes a lot further along the river, but i'll save that for another day. : )

Thanks for dropping by.

10 comments:

  1. What absolutely beautiful photos, Deb - it looks such a peaceful, tranquil place. The last one with the cows looks almost like a painting. Those topiaries must take a lot of hard work to keep them looking so good.
    I love the little fairy doors. We have a flat bit on the bottom of our oak tree that the kids used to say was a fairy door - I wonder if it would be possible to paint a little door on there for the grandchildren. What a lovely idea :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa.It is nice there and not too far from us too. I think i've seen those fairy doors for sale on Ebay. That's an idea though, to paint them. I wouldn't have thought of that.. ; )x

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful area Deb … I love topiary, castles, rivers and, most of all ….. fairy doors !! Thanks so much for popping over to my blog and following me. I can't seem to see how to follow you though !!! { It's propably staring me straight in the face !! Blame it on my age !! } XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacqueline, thanks for dropping by. I didn't realize that the widget thingy to follow me wasn't up on my blog ( i'm a new blogger), but i hope it's sorted now.I love the photos and videos on your blog, especially the dog in the bath and the dancing pensioner, :-) I'll look forward to future posts.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh …. I'm glad that it wasn't me and my age !!!! Am now following. It takes a while to find all of these things…. I'm still learning and haven't got half of the things that others have and I've been blogging for 5 years now !! XXXX

      Delete
  4. Hi Deb

    Lismore looks like a really magical place. I love the topiary - very neat!

    Thank you for following. I've added you to my blog roll so I don't miss any posts.

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great post Deb with some lovely photos. I've fallen in love with those fairy doors - what a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too, as soon as I saw them Caroline. Thanks for dropping by. :-)

      Delete